Sunday, June 17, 2012

35 YEARS OF DAVID LYNCH (FILM TRIBUTE)

This tribute contains footage from all 10 of David Lynch's feature films released to date. Also included is footage from Lynch's popular TV series that he co-created with Mark Frost in the early 90's. Here is a list of all the David Lynch films and movie soundtrack selections used in the tribute:

Movies
Eraserhead (1977)
The Elephant Man (1980)
Dune (1984)
Blue Velvet (1986)
Wild at Heart (1990)
Twin Peaks [TV Series] (1990-91)
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (1992)
Lost Highway (1997)
The Straight Story (1999)
Mulholland Dr. (2001)
Inland Empire (2006)

Soundtrack Selections
"I Told Every Little Star" by Linda Scott (Mulholland Dr.)
"Im Abendrot" by Richard Strauss (Wild at Heart)
"Sixteen Reasons" by Connie Stevens (Mulholland Dr.)
"The Final Dream" by Toto (Dune)
"Fire Walk with Me Theme" Cover by Fantomas [Original by Angelo Badalamenti] (Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me)
"The World Spins" Music by Angelo Badalementi, Lyrics by David Lynch, Sung by Julee Cruise (Twin Peaks Season 2 Episode 07)
"In Dreams" by Roy Orbison (Blue Velvet)

Additional Footage
David Lynch's Address to 5,000 children in Belo Horizonte, Brazil


Next Article
COMING SOON:
TWIN PEAKS GOURMET GUIDE

Note: Any purchase made via our web store or product links throughout the article contributes a small portion to the running of this site. Thank you for your support.




247086_TV episodes & movies instantly streaming from Netflix. Start your FREE trial!

1 comment:

  1. Great work! Coincidentally, just last night I completed a rough draft of my own Lynch video tribute, though more based around dialogue than music. I was a bit nervous when I ran across yours this morning (especially because the link mentioned a "Sleeper Must Awaken"/Laura Palmer connection, which I also used albeit differently). But fortunately (and remarkably, all things are considered) very few of the clips we used overlap. I noticed that clips from the first 2/3 of Mulholland Dr are from a website - did you have the same trouble I did in getting usable footage from that disc? So weird - it's the only time I've run into that problem with a DVD.

    My video essay will be up in a month (it's called "Take This Baby and Deliver It to Death," a paraphrase from The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer) as part of a David Lynch Month on my blog. It will focus almost exclusively on his 1977-1992 although as of now I've included short audio clips from his later films.

    My favorite parts of your video were the two closing acts - "The World Spins" and "In Dreams". Or should I say "Candy-Colored Clown"? ;) I've been meaning to explore your blog for a while now, as I enjoyed your contributions to the Twin Peaks Podcast. Glad this led me to it.

    ReplyDelete